So 2018 has arrived and it feels like it’s been forever since I’ve been on here (actually it’s been around 10 months since my last post so basically forever). What’s been going on in the world since we’ve last talked? We’ve been on lots of adventures both big and small and we’ve eaten tons of really great food. Hopefully in the upcoming months, I’ll be able to share with you some glimpses of the great year that was 2017.
Last year was my first full year as a flight attendant and I am very grateful for all the opportunities it has presented to me and to my family. It has allowed me to see and try things that I would probably not been able to do otherwise.
While this is a little bit of a cop out, this collage of photos represents my nine most liked photos from Instagram in 2017. This also did a good job of giving a pretty good representation of my year as a whole and some of the significant places I’ve gone to and things that I did.
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. As Hawaiian Airlines unveiled it’s newest addition to our fleet, I was able to be part of the team that welcomed the media and employees to tour the new Airbus 321 NEO.
2. As we like to do in our family, our birthdays are normally celebrated at Chuck E. Cheese. Here is the newly turned 7 birthday girl with Keao and I as we also celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary.
3. Since I was having so much fun being a flight attendant, my brother decided to join me! This is us at his graduation in April.
4. As mentioned above, a wonderful perk of the job is being able to visit other cities and countries. On a layover in Brisbane, Australia, my dream of holding a koala bear came true!
5. Like picture #3, this also is from my brother’s graduation. Little known fact about our family: we are three generations (my grandfather worked for Japan Airlines) in the airline industry. This picture also represents two generations of flight attendants with my mom being one first and then Stanton and I joining the ranks.
6. Never one to miss an opportunity to dress us, our kids absolutely love Halloween! They are also smiling because after trick or treating, we also went to get ice cream from Baskin Robbins.
7. Perhaps the best Christmas present I’ve received in the last decade, this Bob Ross class in a box is from my best friend John-John who moved to Kentucky this past October.
8. In 2017, we got to see snow not once, but twice. In this picture, Sunny didn’t want to come in from playing in the snow in Otaru, Hokkaido, Japan, but because her cheeks were so red, we made her warm up a little bit.
9. Lastly, on a layover in Sacramento, California, I finally witnessed my first NBA game in person. The giveaway for the game was that sign with the team calendar on the back. As a bonus, the hometown Kings beat the Oklahoma City Thunder! GO KINGS!
As amazing as 2017 was, I have a feeling that 2018 is going to be even better! Hopefully we will all see each other with much more regularity in the upcoming months. See you all soon!